Does faith in Jesus change lives?
In this blog, I’m going to provide some perspective on the most crucial decision you’ll ever make and discuss the amazing benefits of choosing to follow Jesus.
Have you ever thought about what it would be like to “walk in the shoes” of a person who has an entirely different life than you do?
Perhaps, you’ve taken a trip to a foreign land and experienced an entirely different people group, culture, and language?
Maybe, you’ve gone on a mission trip to a third world country and got a taste of what it’s like to live in a cardboard shack with a dirt floor and no running water or electricity?
You can get a “new” perspective on life through these types of experiences.
The same thing happens when you meet Jesus and experience His love – you become aware of a whole new world.
Let me explain.
For the most part, we (each of us) live in a small world consisting of our friends, family, work, play, school, church, etc. We tend to focus on the issues that are most important to us. The problem is, life is “not” about us, it’s about the one who created us.
We think our world revolves around getting our needs met when it’s really about living a life that’s pleasing to God. He is the bigger story and He wants you to know Him.
According to Scripture, when we search for God with all our heart, we will find him (Jeremiah 29:13). This is where Jesus comes in.
Jesus bridges the gap between us and God (He provides a way back to God). When we choose to follow Him, He restores our soul.
We get a whole new perspective on life when we step into God’s world. Most importantly, we get a “new” life (we’re born again) when we decide to follow Jesus.
What are the benefits of following Jesus?
As identified in Psalm 103:1-12, some of the amazing benefits of choosing to follow Jesus include:
- He forgives your sins and offers you eternal life
- He redeems your life from the pit, crowns you with love and compassion, and restores your soul
- He satisfies your desires with good things (His blessings are tailor-made for you)
- He does not treat you as you deserve to be treated (based on your sins) or repay you according to your iniquities (even though your sins separate you from Him for eternity)
- He is patient with you and loves you greatly (His love never gives up on you)
- He removes your transgressions as far as the east is from the west
- He has compassion on you (just as a father has compassion on his children) and adopts you into His family and kingdom
How can you know Jesus?
Jesus explained that those who have been physically born must also be spiritually born.
“Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.” John 3:3 (NIV).
When you’re spiritually born, you’ll have a new and more abundant life – as Jesus proclaimed.
“I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” John 10:10 (NIV).
You can have a relationship with God by accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.
All you need to do is:
- Ask Jesus to forgive you for your sins and save you from eternal separation from God
- Accept His work and death on the cross as payment for your sins
- Thank Him for providing a way back to God
- Ask Him to give you the strength, wisdom, and determination to walk in the center of God’s will and live for Him
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (NIV)
Always keep the big picture in mind.
God wants you to know Him.
Jesus wants you to follow Him.
If you would like to learn more about how Jesus provides a way back to God, check out my book Rediscovering the Divine: Seeing God in a Whole New Way.